by Moises Padin Reconalla
Majority of this kind or group of people has no concept on how to stretch their God-given talents and skills because of tragedy that happens in their lives.
How about you? Do you want to stay forever as a garbage, junk, unproductive, and defeated individuals? Remember my dear readers, life is so short, why not encourage yourself to stand once again and prove to yourself and to those people around you that You Can If You Think You Can!
Dear readers, you have a lot of chances and opportunities to rebuild your broken dreams, lost hopes, lost reputations, and miserable lives. I encourage you, learn from your mistakes! And think of this: The Diamond cannot be polish without friction; nor man be perfected without trials. So take the trials, chaos, and tragedy in your life as a challenge and a stepping- stone to succeed in life!
Before your born, Our Loving and Merciful God has already a beautiful plan and dreams for you. God said in Jeremiah 29:11-13, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” The Lord adds, “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and find me, and I will listen to you. You will seek and find me when you seek with all your heart” (NIV).
I hope the above texts are enough to convince and encourage that you are a beautiful and unique creature and not a garbage, junk, and rug that other people may visualize of you. Below are the following keys, If you only faithfully follow its instruction and advise, it will help you to encourage and motivate yourself to THINK and GROW RICH!
1. Pray Daily. By praying and communicating to our Loving and Merciful God daily you can be able to ease, release all of the worries, pains, tensions of your life and find a good source of courage and strength to move on, to beat the odds in your life. If you're feeling lonely, blue, and depressed, God said, “Call me and I will answer you and show the great and mighty things which you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV).
2. Avoid toxic, negative people. Avoid people who are fun of criticizing, gossiping and judging other people. The Word of God clearly remind you this, “Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character” (1 Corinthians 15:33 NIV). The Word of God further added and gave warning to “Stay away from a foolish man, for you will not find knowledge on his lips” (Proverbs 14:7 NIV).
But if you are the victims of the evilspeaking tongues of the negative, toxic people, I encouraged you…please do not take heed to that kind of garbage, junk individual but focus in your main goal to improve your life and succeed. Why I have told you that? Because me too before during my student's life, I experience a lot of criticism but as a young man and historian who are thirsty and hunger for knowledge and wisdom, through reading the profiles and writings of the great wise men of the world, I discovered, come up and finally concluded that a statue has never been erected in honor for a critics!
I’ve found out that before any great accomplishment is achieved in reality, it’s believed in heart. If you need to hear the applause of the crowd, you have to begin your attack in the face of criticism, believing that the applause will come later.
3. Encourage yourself to have a dream. By dreaming and visualizing your ambition, it can help and assist you to attain your goal in life. Napoleon Hill, the greatest inspirational classical author whom I admired most reminds you that “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.”
Dear readers always recall these, if you have a dreams hold to your dreams. If your dreams die, you’re like a wounded bird without a wing!
4. Know and Identify your Purpose. Ask yourself, what is the cause that makes you need to tackle, or desire to succeed in your plan and goal? Is it worthy enough to consume your energy, effort, time, and commitment? John Maxwell, My most favorite leadership author point out that, “Behind every great accomplishment is a purpose, not a wish. Our purpose puts the seasoning in life, and makes it tasty and exciting.” Maxwell added, “Person with a purpose does things out of the ordinary, above average. Personality doesn’t make a person extra-ordinary. Neither does intelligence nor education. What makes a person extra-ordinary is a purpose – the consuming desire to accomplish something in life.”
John Maxwell further added and gave an acrostic that may help you understand and remember what a sense of purpose will do for you, how it will lift you out of the realm of the ordinary. A purpose will cause you to:
Pray more than the ordinary person.
Unite more than the ordinary person.
Risk more than the ordinary person.
Plan more than the ordinary person.
Observe more than ordinary person.
Sacrifice more than ordinary person.
Expect more than the ordinary person.
5. Encourage yourself to socialize with the wise people and you will become wise! Encouraged yourself to socialize with the group of people who has a dream and ambition because you will learn from them and it can encourage and motivate yourself to move on, to strive hard for excellence. The Word of God my dear readers firmly convinced you to “…walks with the wise, grows wise, but a companion of fools (negative, toxic people) suffers harms” (Proverbs 13:20 NIV).
6. Encourage and teach yourself to value knowledge and wisdom. The late Ernie Baron, A Filipino great journalist once said “Knowledge is Power. No Knowledge, No Power” and the Word of God is strongly gave advised and encouraged that you should always value knowledge and wisdom if you’ve really want to succeed your adhering in life. The Book of Proverbs 4:7-9 exclaim “Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Through it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor. She will set garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor” (NIV).
Remember, the best investment you can make is in you. You can make more money or acquire more of whatever you want by investing in you than in any other investment!
So, starting today, surround yourself with the best of good books, best of music, and best of wise people because knowledge and wisdom is supreme!
7. Encourage yourself the value of hard work. If you’d really desire to attain your goal, encourage yourself to exert more effort and work hard. The Word of God assert that, “All hard works brings a profit, but mere talks leads only to poverty “(Proverbs 13:23 NIV). The Word of Lord again expressed out and warned you, “Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth” (Proverbs 10:4 NIV).
Remember nothing worthwhile comes easily. Half effort does not produce half results. It produces no results, continuous work, hard work, is the only result that lasts!
8. Encourage and teach yourself the of value time. Remember time is not money because you cannot accumulate time. You cannot regain time lost. You cannot borrow time. So learn to use your time wisely. Think of this, life is so short; our life is like a vapor that appears for a moment and then disappears. Therefore, better live your best; act your best, and think your best today; for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow!
People, do not let your time pass without doing something good to yourself and to your fellowmen…remember time is short!
9. Take good care of your health. Except God, there is only one person who can be truly faithful, honest, and very loyal on you. That even in time of chaos, hardship and calamities who are always there to stay behind you through tick and thin no matter what happen and that is you! So, take good care of yourself, that is your only asset and only capital to succeed to your goals and dreams in life. Remember, Health is Wealth!
10. Don’t worry, be happy. Don’t worry about something that in reality does not really yet happens in your life. Instead of worrying, why not encourage yourself to think on how you can find a solution to solve your problems? Dr. Vincent Peal reminds you that, “Mental control is the secret of mature and creative judgment.” He added, “Your mind is an instrument designed to serve you, not to destroy you.” Dr. Peale warns that “When uncontrolled, your mind can be very damaging to you but when controlled it can developed unlimited power.”
Dr. Peale encourage you to “Know yourself. Control your mind. Think. Make right decisions. Never accept defeat. Believe in yourself. Mentally accept your great future. Never think of failing. Believe that you can if you think you can.”
Remember my dear readers, when you are at your weakest, God is in His greatest! So don’t worry, be happy!
11. Encourage and teach yourself to learn of controlling your tongue and temper. Many people put their lives into danger because of speaking without thinking and not learning on how to control and manage their temper. If you really want to succeed in your struggle in life, gain the support, gain the love, and gain the respect from the people around you, learn to manage your tongue and temper!
Think and ponder this for a moment, “Good understanding wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard” (Proverbs 13:15 NIV). The Word of reminds you once again,, “He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks harshly will come to ruin” (Proverbs 13:3 NIV).
12. Let the Love and Faithfulness dwell in your heart. Our Great Almighty God encouraged should “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man” (Proverbs 3:3-4 NIV).
13. Encourage and teach yourself to value other people. Remember the sayings readers “No man is an Island”. Enable for you to become successful in you’re adhering in life, you should learn to value other people. In book entitled Team Work Makes the Dreams Work, John Maxwell pointed out “Teamwork gives you the best opportunity to turn vision into reality.” And Andrew Carnegie, the author of the book How to Win Friends and Influenced People added “It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone”. Helen Keller, the blind woman who became a great educator further added “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
The Word of God forcefully reminding us people, In the Book of Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 uttered, “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken” (NIV).
14. Trust and Make God be the Center of your Life. Solomon, a great wise man advised if your really longing to succeed in any games and challenge of life, you must learn, practice, and encourage yourself to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3: 5-6 NIV). And put God in the center and everything will come together (Romans 8:28 NIV).
Starting today, if you will make God as the center of your life, God has a special promised for you. He will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom! (Deuteronomy 28:11-13 NIV).
People remember John Maxwell reminds you that “The only person who can stop you from becoming what God intends you to become is you!
So, I encouraged you once again; Do your best always and God will do the rest!
And always recall this, the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams!
Wish you many blessings to come as well as God Bless us all!
Moises Padin Reconalla
About the Author
Moises Padin Reconalla is a License Social Studies Teacher. Worked as a Guidance Counselor and College Instructor at North Davao Colleges, Panabo City, Philippines. You can send your comments about this article through his email firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved. Copyright November 2006 by Moises Padin Reconalla
NOTE: You're free to republish this article on your website, in your newsletter, in your e-book or in other publications provided that the article is reproduced in its entirety, including the author information.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Moises_Reconalla