Friday, May 26, 2006
Top Ten Ways to Achieve your Goals
1) Write them down! Statistics show people who write down their goals have over an 80% higher success rate of achieving them. Start a Goals journal. Make sure they are SMART goals- specific, measurable, achievable, results-oriented and time-limited.
2) Create a plan made of small doable steps to get you where you want to be, with timelines. Review your plan monthly.
3) Write down your compelling reason for wanting the goal. Write it with passion, with feeling, with energy.
4) Create 3 to 5 believable positive power statements that will keep you on track. Make them juicy enough to excite you and keep you motivated. Use the present tense.
5) Visualize what it is like having achieved your goal- what it feels, tastes, smells, sounds and looks like. Revel in it!
6) Start a daily routine. Each morning review your goals, your compelling reasons and say aloud your powerful positive statements. Visualize your goal already obtained. Write out one step you can take today to achieve your goal. Then do it! No excuses- make your goal a priority! Repeat your power statements throughout the day.
7) Replace negative self-talk and beliefs with self-affirming ones. Know that you are the creator of your thoughts and beliefs, and choose ones that are life-enhancing rather than limiting.
8) Journal daily- your thoughts, emotions, barriers, possible solutions and alternatives, your daily successes, your gratitudes.
9) Enlist support to keep you accountable! Find a buddy, join a group, hire a coach. Make sure your buddy is in tune with your goal, and will support you in a positive way.
10) Celebrate your successes! Set up small milestones in your journey, and when you reach them, celebrate!