Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Dream To Become A Great Man


By: Moses P. Reconalla, MAT, MAEd - Guidance & Counseling
      Guidance Counselor/General Education Lecturer

I was born as a poor boy and grew up in the street without the care, guidance and supervision of my beloved parents. I have experienced an empty stomach, being almost naked, existing without permanent shelter and without proper education.

As a young man, with deprived and some sad experiences of life, I started to think of innovation and dream for my future. I dream to become famous, I dream to become a great man!

Yes, I to dream to become a great man, a great man with power and authority; a great man like Abraham Lincoln, Brian Tracy, Benjamin Franklin, Dave Higgins, John Maxwell, Manuel Quezon, Martin Luther King Jr., Og Mandino, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Theodore Roosevelt and Winston Churchill.

Yes, I dream to become a great man because I want to have a change and improvement, a change and improvement to my beloved country, a change and improvement to the lives of the needy.

I thought to become a great man was to have power and authority, power and authority over the lives of the people, power and authority to become their lord and master.

But now I realize that to become a great man, it is not to become the lord of their lives, instead the lord of good example.

I also realized that to become a great man it is not to become the master of their lives, instead a master of change in helping to improve their way of living.

Now, with these precious thoughts that are still fresh in my mind, I am thankful to my beloved Creator for helping me to realize this.

Another thing is that to become a great man, is to change and improve first myself. Not be a self-centered, lord and master to others, instead a lord and master of my own self.

I realize that by changing my own self, I can gradually change my own destiny. I realize that by changing my own self, I can gradually brighten up my future.

Lo! Today I will live as if it is my last. I will improve my character, my skills, my talents and myself. I will serve and help others with love and care and I will become great!

Yes, I will become a great man if I will think about the good of others before myself. For only in serving, helping, loving, and sharing the blessings from Above, I can finally win the hearts, favors and support from my beloved human being. And my name will be hailed forever in the pyramid and pages of history!

--- Copyright © 2007 Moses P. Reconalla

Article Source: http://motivateus.com/stories/becoming-a-great-man.htm


Be part of something positive and powerful that impacts the world. Submit your favorite positive quote, article, essay, poem or story for possible publication. Share your experiences, so others may learn from your wisdom and then they can share it with others.

Visit our website: http://motivateus.com/form.htm