Thursday, September 24, 2009
You Too, Can Succeed!
We are now living in the information age. Every details and information’s we need to improve our life, to restore our magnificence are now available in the internet, in the library and in the bookstore. So, there are no reasons and alibis that we cannot help our self to rise above the ashes!
If you are really sincere to succeed, to reach your dreams and become the ideal person you intend to become, this is the right time to think for a change, make a proper action and seize the opportunity to improve your life. Never wait for tomorrow or next day in what you can do today. For tomorrow my friend, is but a dream and today is the salutation to the dawn!
In my readings, I learned and discovered that all great men in the pages of history were a man of action. They have a firm resolution, an iron will to make their dreams a reality. They believed in their powers. They create their own opportunity rather than to find it in other places and they never make excuses from their mistakes and failures instead they learned, laughed from it and make a glorious one!
Kitto, the poor, deaf pauper, who made shoes in the alms house, and who became the greatest Biblical scholars, wrote in his journal, on the threshold of manhood: “I am not myself a believer in impossibilities. I think that all the fine stories about natural ability, etc., are mere rigmarole, and that every man may according to his opportunities and industry, render himself almost anything he wishes to become.”
So, if you’re seriously enough to succeed in life and intend to becoming the person you really want to become, beginning today, make a firm resolution to work hard on it. Remember the world always stands aside for the determined individual. The world will makes a way, even through seeming impossibilities. That is why Goethe declares that “he who has a firm will mould the world to himself.”
Below are just simple guidelines that can guide and help you to succeed in life.
1. Think always on the ideal person you intend to become. Hold it in your mind and work hard on it until you become as what you think!
2. Always believe in your powers. Avoid belittle yourself. Focus always on your strengths rather than on your weaknesses.
3. Avoid socializing to a person with a pessimistic attitude and character. An individual who is only fun of talking, bragging on himself and always finding faults on others are the person can only ruin your visions and dreams in life as well as can corrupt your good character.
4. Nurture your character. Character is your only valuable assets that can help to protect your reputation from the sharp tongue of the backbiter, wicked individual.
5. Read good books. Books are wise, patient mentors and excellent professors that can assess and teach you to become the master among men, yourself!
Finally remember my friend, You Too, Can Succeed!
Good luck to your journey in life!
Moises P. Reconalla
About the Author:
Moises P. Reconalla is the School Guidance Counselor at North Davao College, Panabo City, Philippines.
All rights reserved worldwide. Copyright 2008 by Moises P. Reconalla