By Moises Padin Reconalla
I’m still remembered the sayings of my great fellow ezinearticle.com expert writer Mr. Mark Webb point out that “The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development. Stop waiting for the “some day” that never seems to come. Stop waiting for people and circumstances to change. Instead change what you can, yourself. Don’t settle for less than you can be. Strive to be your best self. When you take better care of yourself, everybody wins. You will be a better partner and for that matter, a better parent, a better friend, and a better citizen. Everybody benefits from your personal development.”
It’s a good sound personal advised! Especially we are now in the globalization age. As I have observed and learned through my personal readings from the news paper and classified ads, that this is the only key that an individual can be able to compete in the job market. I encourage you to improve every talents and skills that you have because that’s the only gift and asset you can give to yourself and to your fellowmen. Secondly, it is the best and only ingredients or strategy that you can successfully persuade and attract an employer.
As a guidance counselor, college instructor, and working student supervisor, I’ll always reminded and encouraged my students to improve their skills and to try everyday to learn a new skill if they’re really wants to succeed and not to disqualify in any games of life!
Below are the basic and simple tips that will guide you on how to improve yourself.
1. Evaluate yourself. Examine what are the necessary things that you should need to improve. Every human being has their own weaknesses. So try to discover your own weaknesses and encourage yourself to improve it.
2. Feed your mind with knowledge and wisdom. Read everyday at least two to three chapters of inspirational books like the Bible, the writings of John Maxwell, Og Mandino, Brian Tracy and others. That’s the best key to motivate you and become a productive individual.
3. Avoid Toxic, negative people. I encouraged you do not socialize with this kind of people who has no ambition in life. The Word of God clearly remind about this: “Do not be misled: Bad company corrupt your good character.”
4. Take risks. Try doing things that you've never tried before. It's always a little bit of a challenge in doing new things and just the act of accepting these challenges, some little and some big, whether we are successful or not, frequently improves our self-confidence.
5. Dream. By dreaming and having ambition in life you can be able to conquer and overcome every obstacles and hindrances that always lingering in your life! Napoleon Hill reminds you that “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.”
6. Pray. Make a prayer as a part of your daily routine. As what I have learned in my life…it is one of the secret and best things and asset to make God as partner in every dreams and struggle in life because with “God all things are possible!” God has a special promise to those who are faithfully following His words, God said, “Call Me and I will answer you and show you the great and mighty things which you do not know” (Jeremiah 33: 3).
Remember: To improve you’re aimed, improve yourself!
Wish you many blessings to come and God Bless!
Moises Padin Reconalla
About the Author
Moises Padin Reconalla is an alumnus of Adventist UNiversity of the Philippines. And a graduate student of Manila Theological College. Worked as a Guidance Counselor and College Instructor at North Davao Colleges, Panabo City, Philippines.
You can send your comments about this article through his email email@example.com
All rights reserved. Copyright September 2006 by Moises Padin Reconalla
NOTE: You're free to republish this article on your website, in your newsletter, in your e-book or in other publications provided that the article is reproduced in its entirety, including the author information.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Moises_Reconalla